The 2021 SOULE Foundation Book Grant (Provided by the SOULE Foundation) was created to provide financial support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) youth of color who are currently pursuing a college degree. This book grant is a non-renewable awarded to cover books for the upcoming semester. Awards are paid in one installment, and mailed to the student’s schools bursar specifically for books in the upcoming semester.
This year, SOULE is awarding book grants of $250 each. The number of grants awarded will be based on The SOULE Foundation selection procedures and available funds. Not all applicants will receive awards. Although the committee would love to inform all applicants of their status, unfortunately this is not feasible. Only scholarship finalists will be contacted by the selection committee.
Application Guidelines and Procedures
- This award is open to students currently at a 2-year or 4-year college who identify as LGBTQ person of color
- Applicants must be attending school in the continental US.
- Award criteria are based on the demonstration of current on-campus LGBTQ community involvement, academic credentials, financial need, an individual interview, and a financial need.
- Applicants must send the completed application along with one letter of recommendation, one essay, and an official college transcript by August 20, for the upcoming fall semester and December 15 for the upcoming spring semester.
- All applications must be complete for consideration.
- The Soule Foundation must receive all applications no later than August 20. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Grants are given only to applicants approved by the Scholarship Committee based on the criteria above.
The 2022 digital book grant application is active here
Digital Recommendation form here
Grant Awarding Process
Grant awards will not be distributed until The Soule Foundation receives all required documentation. SOULE will award exactly $250 USD directly to the recipient’s bursar.
Completed applications should be submitted to The Soule Foundation for review and consideration.
(a) The completed application form
(b) One letter of recommendation
(d) Official College Transcript
(e) Signed Photograph & Video Release Form
Please direct questions to: Scholarship@soulefoundation.org